Sunday 6 April 2014

47. The Cake and Bake Show Manchester 2014

Hello everyone! I have just come back from a wonderful day at The Cake and Bake Show in Manchester with my very good friend Misbah. It has honestly been one of the best days of my life and I highly recommend that you ALL go to the London one later this year or join us for the Manchester show in 2015. I'm currently relaxing with my feet up munching on some cheddar, basil and sundried tomato focaccia. Italian food is my absolute favourite. Yum! Today Misbah and I met not one, not two, not three but FOUR Great British Bake Off contestants from both series 3 and 4 and every single one of them is so lovely and humble, they are some of the nicest people on Earth! Everyone else at the show was so nice too particularly the man at the Yum Yum Tree Fudge stall and all of the girls who were also queuing up with us and so kindly took some photos of me and Misbah with the bakers! As a biologist, I LOVED all of the animal cakes, the peacocks were fabulous. Below are the photos I took and I hope you enjoy salivating at all the extravagant cakes! 


I love the burger and fries!








I am usually a fan of dolls but these are creepy.


Dream wedding cake, so so pretty.




Corrie cake.








Adorable orangutan.


Terrifying mountain gorilla!


Look how happy the gingerbread men are, they are dressed in
Where's Wally like attire!




Too pretty to eat.


Mutant meringues, would  be perfect for a generous Eton mess!




John Whaite did a great demonstration on stromboli
buns which are like pizza rolls. He suggested using a deep muffin tray
for similar bakes and also Chelsea buns to avoid a dry crust. 


Sharing is caring!


Gorgeous cake elephant. I asked the lady and she said it
took a week to bake the elephant cake and
3 days to decorate!


The level of detailing is amazing.


Edible elephant dung. Anything is possible.




Misbah and the peacock!


In the jungle, the mighty jungle..










So cute!










They looked rather menacing!








John Whaite, the winner of GBBO 2012 and I. Make sure you all
buy his new book John Whaite Bakes at Home which contains
over 120 mouthwatering recipes. I can't wait
to bake something from it!




Kimberley Wilson, GBBO 2013 finalist with Misbah and I.
Such a lovely smile and amazing hair!


Ali Imdad, also a GBBO 2013 contestant. Really excited
for his new free student's recipe book which will contain
20 easy and cheap recipes. 


Frances Quinn, the winner of GBBO 2013. She is so sweet!


Lots of goodies that I bought from the show. Misbah and I
both bought two bags of Yum Yum Tree Fudge (starawberry
and cream flavour which is too good for words and the
Madagascan vanilla flavour which I am yet to try) and the lovely
man on the stall gave us a free bag of the mango flavoured fudge
too  to share which although sounds odd, is one of the tastiest
 things I've ever eaten. Check them out here :
http://www.yumyumtreefudge.com/


What I call, the Mancunian Sheep cake! Don't think anybody
could have it in them to eat this little chappy.


Where it all happened- Manchester Central- train station turned baker's 
heaven. The interior is very similar to that of St. Pancras in London, 
were they designed by the same architect?

Until next time, take care.
Love,
Mancunian Sheep x



No comments:

Post a Comment